This week was a slow week. The seniors had college aps, people in marching band had competition, and school got into higher gear with the new quarter.
Today, we worked on adding 2 driver code. We want to make the main joystick control the drivetrain. On the other joystick, we want manipulators. For some reason, the main joystick is responding, but the partner joystick is not. We also asked other programmers to help us out for programming skills.
Our programmer didn't attend our meeting today, so we couldn't practice driving. Meanwhile, we added a scrap railing on the large ball storage made of rubber bands. We need the storage to be made of rubber bands because the large ball storage expands at the start of the match, making the rails change position. Unfortunately however, we need to tweak the strength. The rubber band rails overpower the rubber bands which expand the storage. We also modified the triangular brace on the back of the large ball storage. We decreased the angle so it'll be easier to get under the bump
Since the team was fairly small today, we practiced judging. Our lead mentor, Marian Manganello, and Our Vice President, Ivy Bennett-Ford, asked us questions regarding the robot and team.
We also noticed we had the incorrect tether arrangement for 2 drivers. We thought that we can tether the partner joystick to the main joystick and use a tether from the main joystick to the cortex. In reality, we have to tether the partner joystick to the cortex's rx1 port and use the cmu port on the controller. These changes did not solve our driving issue however.