Our team spoke at Barcamp at USF. The event featured numerous technological projects. we demonstrated our robots and spoke to many people. We spoke to people linked to Columbia and MIT, we spoke to a hillsborough county commissioner, and many others. We also recruited a potential member that's home schooled and we recruited a mentor. Additionally, we inspired a few people to start robotics teams and we linked a few elementary and middle school students to robotics teams in their area. During the camp, we also attracted people from an inventors club and seoslides. Seoslides offered to sponsor us and the inventors club asked us to demonstrate our robots at their convention.
Tampa Tribune: http://tbo.com/news/breaking-news/all/geeks-have-their-day-at-barcamp-tampa-bay-20130928/
Hillsborough County Commissioner: https://twitter.com/MarkSharpeFL/status/383985095809703936/photo/1
We organized the new pieces, replaced the cortex, and tested the robot. The testings showed that the wheels on the right are programmed to strafe, not roll forward. We also slowly working on the hanging system. Chain was added to the other side for strength. Also, we got parts in. Just to name a few, we got more chain, more batteries, and a power expander. We were debating whether or not we should use the power expander.
In addition to this, we used the T-shirt cannon to shoot t-shirts and bags at the football game. As usual, the crowd was very excited. To increase our organization, we made a list of who's attending and made sure everyone wore their hydra shirt. Last time, an officer mistook one of our members for a troublesome student.
Today, we ran into programming issues. For some reason, it said that our controllers were out of date. Unfortunately, it took us a while to realize how to update the programs. After we downloaded the programs, we had issues connecting to our robot. We looked in our program and electronics and eventually realized that our controller batteries were dead
We continued to prototype our hanging system. We added more weight to the hanging system to emulate the weight of a real robot. Also, to prepare for testing, we charged our batteries and tuned up the robot. We oversaw a bunch of parts last time we tuned the robot.