Today we were able to finish our second gear tower and cut the correct size sheet metal for the base of the side rollers. We attempted to place the side rollers in our drivetrain and the Lego motors scratched against the motors for the drivetrain. We then began to brainstorm on ideas on how to solve the issue and plan to prototype next meeting.
Today we focused on two things. The first of those consisting of cutting a new sheet metal base for our side roller prototypes. The wrong dimensions were accidentally cut and new dimensions were given and are planned to be used next meeting. The second major occurrence for this meeting included some of our team members going to a local business, Solita's House, to give a presentation and possibly receive a sponsorship. We were successful and would like to give a huge thanks to the Solita's House company and their employees for supporting a great cause.
The eagle is referring to parts. Yes, WE GOT PARTS!!!! Since we received the new parts we were able to finish the drive train with the correct parts. We are now one giant leap forward in the season. We were also able to finish electronics, download code, and test the drive train. We considered different ideas in regards to offense and defense during matches in regards to the drive train. Overall today was successful and hopefully we will have a fully functional robot by the 26th.
Today we focused on finishing our prototype drive train and testing it. In order to test the drive train you need a working electronics system. So as we were working on the drive train half of the team began working on the electronics. At the same time a few members of our team began working on a code for our robot. Due to a lack of time we weren't able to complete the electronics but we were able to finish the drive train and code.
Today we began building our Drive train. Due to a lack of parts we weren't able to build our final product for the drive train but by building the base that allows us to quickly attach the wheels when we receive parts. We also continued to work on our side rollers. It was also brought to our attention that there is a scrimmage at the University of Tampa on October 26th. So come check us out!
Today Team Hydra attended the BarCamp convention at USF. We demonstrated the Frisbee shooter. Another FRC team challenged us to a shooting competition based off who could shoot the furthest...we won! Either way, we had a good turn out and lots of reporters came, including Tampa tribune, one from Columbia, we even had a state commissioner post a tweet with a photo of the team. In addition to this, we attracted a potential member who's home schooled and a attendee of the convention has planned to begin mentoring our team. We also gained a connection to the Inventors Club, and thanks to this, we have a demonstration this Tuesday! We also attracted another company, Seoslide, to sponsor us. We also inspired a few people start robotics teams and become mentors. The team was also given the opportunity to demo the Google glasses, see other contraptions, and have all you can eat food/donuts/skittles/soda/sugar. Overall, it was a very successful day for the promotion of stem.
Our all powerful and amazing president has helped us create a gear tower that is geared 27:1 for torque.
Due to the lack of metal being shared among the three teams, 7710 had unfortunately not been able to start building their drive train. However today, poof suddenly there was metal that wasn't there before and it wasn't the newly ordered metal either. Unfortunately this was discovered in the last 15 min of the meeting and we were still lacking the wheels to mount on it. However we did put together a rough model of the drive train. Nothing is secured down.
Today we also, continued working on prototypes for our components.There was a flag manipulator made and tested. We found it a bit slow but the problem was found in a faulty motor. This is a contender for the final flag manipulator to place on the robot.
The side rollers were also re-stabilized. However a ramp was not added and the lego motors are still mounted a bit unstable mainly reliant on lego pieces to stay on the robot.
The first finished and tested prototype of 7710. The side rollers are powered by lego motors. However seem a but unstable when running. We also noticed that the flaps get caught often.