The team finalized the Naval grant and revised different parts before we send it off. We fixed wording and grammar issues.
Today, we started machining, parts neccasary for the drive train. We taught some of our newer members how to use some of the power tools such as the dremel and the circular saw. We cut the steel axles necessary for our drive train. These will reinforce it, increasing our lifting potential without breaking our robot.. We started to work on an elastic powered arm. We thought about using rubber bands to balance the arm. We continued brainstorming manipulator ideas. We decided on using a top roller to flip the cubes into our robot so we can lift it up. The lack of parts is frustrating, and is really inhibiting our productivity.
Today we continued working on Prototyping and powering the arm. We started to power the arm with a winch system. This ensures enough power to lift our robot up. We reinforced the axles to support more weight using washers.
We cut more axles and cut the metal plate to reinforce our drive train. Using a dremel, we rounded off sharp edges of our machined parts. We continued work on the arm, and we hope to have our robot lifting soon. Using a system of rubber bands and a winch, we should get maximum torque. However, our robot will be pretty slow scoring wise. We worked on mirroring the elastic powered arm from earlier this week. Using a system of winches, we powered the arm so it would be very powerful.