We have recently added sections to our robot including a base for our electronics, cut out by lexan, and the wiring of electronics itself. We also shortened the width of the robot for it was out of the 18' by 18' standards, which meant we had to cut the lexan that was for the electronics, again, and cut the two bars linking the two sides of the drive-train together. I (captain) also took the initiative of getting our linear slide connected to wire to start a pulley system that will be motor generated and will pull the three stages of 80/20 up. We were trying to decide what sort of wire would be the most capable of lifting the system and also not forgetting about what we can afford at this moment.
So far we have gotten one side of the drive-train done. Our drive-train is specifically designed for lifting. we have also started on our linear lift that will compose of 80/20 metal and rise our mechanism used to scoop up the rings. Soon we will be finding somewhere to mount the lift system, particularly in the center to keep even weight distribution and balance.
Today our team deconstructed our old gear set-up for a Retractable Drive Train in favor of one with a ratio of 1:9 on each side. The opposing end now needs to be completed. Also, a member worked on the flag raiser, extending the length of the prongs and the width between them.